Job Title: Psychologist – Project Coordinator (m/f/d)
Status: Temporary contract until 30/6/2023 (possibility of extension) – Freelancer
Working hours: Under discussion (full-time or part-time)
Workplace: Psychosocial Support Centre for Refugees (PSCR) in Athens – with the possibility of hybrid work – monthly visits to Thessaloniki are required
Submit until: 24/4/2023
EPAPSY, in collaboration with UNHCR, implements the Ukrainian Peer Support (UPS) project in Attica and Thessaloniki, which aims at supporting Ukrainian community volunteers to optimize the support they already provide and to become able to facilitate self-help groups in Attica and Thessaloniki. More specifically, EPAPSY offers MHPSS training, coordination of self-help groups, and clinical supervision.
- Guidance and capacity building of a team of 2 Ukrainian staff members and several community volunteers;
- Clinical supervision sessions with self-help group facilitators;
- Brief psychological therapies for anxiety, depression, PTSD (CBT or Trauma-focused therapy) with Persons of Concern (POCs);
- Organizing POCs’ empowerment activities (e.g., movie nights, creativity workshops etc.);
- Information sessions with other actors and refugee communities;
- Close cooperation and reporting to the Programme Manager, Programme Officer and Finance Officer;
- Close cooperation with the UNHCR MFT team of Attica and Thessaloniki, with local actors and communities;
- Attending to day-to-day issues which may come up in the field;
- Participation in monthly supervision sessions;
- Collection of data and financial documents;
- Participation in the selection and training of new team members;
- Facilitation of the implementation of the programme, by optimizing processes, creating opportunities, participating in meetings with other actors, and accommodating the needs of the team;
- Evaluation of intervention (questionnaires, focus groups, interviews) and scientific documentation (writing reports and peer-review papers).
Required qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Psychology
- Work permit as a psychologist
- Training in CBT or Trauma-focused CBT
- A master’s degree on a relevant topic will be considered an asset (Counselling Psychology, Clinical Psychology etc.).
- Previous clinical experience (CBT or TF-CBT) is necessary.
- Previous working experience within the field of refugee mental health is highly valued.
- Previous working experience in coordinating teams is highly valued.
Required Professional skills
- Established relationships with Ukrainian communities in Greece are highly valued.
- Very good knowledge of the refugee context and current situation in Greece is highly appreciated.
- Excellent communicational and organizational skills
- Fluency in Greek and English (written and spoken) is necessary.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian/Russian would be considered a major asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Interested candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: email@example.com by 24/4/2023, mentioning in the email subject “UPS Project Coordinator”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from Migrant and Refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.