Job Title: Community Psychosocial Worker | French-speaking (m/f/d)
Status: For a fixed period – until 31/12/2023 (with possibility of extension)
Working hours: Full time (11:00 – 19:00 from Monday to Friday)
Workplace: Psychosocial Support Centre for Refugees (PSCR)
Submit until: 03/09/2023
EPAPSY in collaboration with UNHCR is implementing a project in the urban area of Attica that focuses on the provision of community psychosocial cupport integrated services to refugees/asylum seekers. The objective of the project is to develop competency-based skills of refugees enabling them to take on paraprofessional roles of Community Psychosocial Workers within the refugee communities.
- Assessment of problems and identification of needs
- Community outreach activities
- Mental health promotion and prevention of mental illness
- Psychosocial support (individual and group sessions performing home visits -or in community centers-and using community-based MHPSS approaches facilitates families and communities to support and care for others)
- Community mobilization leading to enhanced social resilience
- Referral to available and accessible resources including provision of basic needs
- Create and promote new initiatives that support the psychosocial wellbeing of refugees.
Required qualifications and skills
- Recognized refugee
- African background
- Experience in voluntary work (formal or informal through community networks)
- Experience working within the field of mental health is highly valued.
- Experience working with refugees/asylum seekers is an asset.
Required professional skills
- “Lived experience” – Persons who have gone through displacement, integration, and relevant bureaucratic procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously within different cultural environments
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- Motivation and potential to learn
- Fluency in French
- Good knowledge of Greek is necessary.
- Good knowledge of English is considered a great asset.
- Knowledge of African languages is highly valued.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is essential.
Interested candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: email@example.com by 03/09/2023, mentioning in the email subject “Athens CPW”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from migrant and refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.