Job Title: Community Psychosocial Worker
Status: For a fixed period (1 and half month) with possibility of extension
Location: Urban Area of Attica
Submit until: 08/11/2019
EPAPSY in collaboration with UNHCR is going to implement a project in the urban area of Attica that focuses on the provision of Community Psychosocial Support integrated services to refugees/asylum seekers. The objective of the project is to develop competency-based skills of refugees enabling them to take on paraprofessional roles of Community Psychosocial Workers within the refugee communities.
- Assessment of problems and identification of needs
- Community outreach activities
- Mental health promotion and prevention of mental illness
- Early identification of problems needing more specialized help
- Psychosocial support (individual and group sessions performing home visits -or in community centers-and using community-based MHPSS approaches facilitates families and communities to support and care for others)
- Community mobilization leading to enhanced social resilience
- Conflict mediation
- Activities for leisure and recreation
- Advocacy for human rights
- Referral to available and accessible resources including provision of basic needs, legal aid, human rights aid, education, employment, protection, health and mental health care etc.
- Advise other refugee service providers about how to provide services that support the psychosocial wellbeing of refugees
- Create and promote new initiatives that support the psychosocial wellbeing of refugees.
Required qualifications and skills
- Recognized refugee or subsidiary protection status
- Experience in voluntary work (formal or informal through community networks)
- Experience working within the field of mental health and social work is highly valued.
Required professional skills
- Motivation and potential to learn
- “Lived experience” – Persons who have experienced (themselves or in people in their direct social environment)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Fluency in English and basic knowledge (or in the process to learn) Greek is a plus.
- Excellent Arabic and/or Farsi
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is considered as an asset
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: email@example.com by Friday, November 8, 2019, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY Community Psychosocial Worker”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from Migrant and Refugee communities.
Please note that Due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.