Job Vacancy: Psychologist
Job Title: Psychologist
Status: From 01/07/2022
Submit until: 15/06/2022
EPAPSY, in collaboration with UNHCR, implements the Samos Peer Support program, which aims at the provision of psychosocial support services to refugee children and youth. In the Samos Peer Support program, refugee youth who reside at the Samos RIC receive a mentorship training by Community Psychosocial Workers and psychologists, so that they are able to mentor and provide psychosocial support to other refugee children and youth within the Samos RIC.
- Providing guidance, coordination, support and capacity building of the Community Psychosocial Workers’ team
- Referral focal point
- Cooperation with the supervisor and project coordinator
- Using and completing evaluation forms, and if necessary, completing other forms that may be required.
- Cooperating with the beneficiary and the important others involved in order to form a care plan with achievable, realistic goals and reviewing it at regular intervals
- Responsibility for implementing and following up the care plan
- Communicating with other professionals and institutions involved in the care of the beneficiary, always with the consent of the patient and/or their family
- Participation in clinical supervision
- Participation in educational/training programs and seminars in the context of the partnership with the UNHCR
- Ethics, Confidentiality, Privacy: Respects the ethics regarding protection of personal data, confidentiality and medical secrecy
Required qualifications and experience
- University degree in Psychology
- Licensed psychologist
- Master’s degree in Child Psychology, Pedagogy, and Child Protection or in a related field would be an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Relevant professional experience in psychosocial support, work in the migration and refuge context or any other relevant experience
- Experience in peer support is a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience working with children/adolescents and/or other vulnerable social groups
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Experience in voluntary work within the field of mental health would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility and ability to cope with change and under pressure
- Crisis management skills would be considered an asset.
- Motivation for learning and personal growth
- Valid driver’s license with at least two years driving experience would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Greek (both verbal and written) is required.
- Good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PPT) is considered essential.
- Training in different psychosocial support methods and tools
- Ongoing clinical supervision and support
- Friendly work environment
- Working experience within the field
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: email@example.com by 15/06/2022, mentioning in the email subject “SPSP – MHP”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation/gender identity, marital status or disability. Persons from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from migrant and refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.