Job Vacancy: Community Psychosocial Worker (Ukrainian-speaking)
Job Title: Community Psychosocial Worker (Ukrainian-speaking)
Location: Urban Area of Attica
Submit until: 28/03/2022
EPAPSY, in collaboration with UNHCR, implements the Community Psychosocial Workforce (CPW) program, with the aim to facilitate the provision of psychosocial support services to refugees and asylum seekers by refugees and asylum seekers. In the CPW program, refugees / asylum seekers are trained to take on paraprofessional roles as Community Psychosocial Workers within the Arabic, Farsi, and French-speaking refugee communities. Given the crisis in Ukraine, we are expanding our services to the Ukrainian refugee communities in Greece.
- Provision of psychosocial support to refugees / asylum seekers (scheduling and performing individual and group sessions – home visits / video calls)
- Assessment of problems and identification of needs
- Referrals to available and accessible resources, as well as to specialized services
- Answering phone calls at a psychosocial support helpline (provision of immediate emotional support, referral to specialized services, providing general information)
- Provision of guidance, orientation and navigation to refugees / asylum seekers who belong to vulnerable groups
- Community outreach activities
- Mental health promotion and prevention of mental illness
- Community mobilization leading to enhanced social resilience
Required qualifications and skills:
- Native Ukrainian speaker
- Experience in voluntary work (formal or informal through community networks)
- Experience working within the field of mental health and social work is highly valued.
Desired Professional skills
- “Lived experience” – Persons who have gone through migration, integration, and relevant bureaucratic procedures (themselves or people in their direct social environment)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Motivation and potential to learn and follow intensive trainings
- Very good knowledge of Greek
- Good command of English will be taken into consideration
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
Interested candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28/03/2022, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY Community Psychosocial Worker”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from Migrant and Refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.