Job Vacancy: Community Psychosocial Worker (Samos) | Somali-speaking
Job Title: Community Psychosocial Worker (Samos) | Somali-speaking
Submit until: 24/01/2022
EPAPSY, in collaboration with UNHCR, implements the Samos Peer Support program, which aims at the provision of psychosocial support services to refugee children and youth. In the Samos Peer Support program, refugee youth who reside at the Samos RIC receive mentorship training by Community Psychosocial Workers and psychologists, so that they are able to mentor and provide psychosocial support to other refugee children and youth within the Samos RIC.
- Assessment of problems and identification of needs
- Community outreach activities
- Mental health promotion and prevention of mental illness
- Psychosocial support (individual and group sessions to empower children/young people living in the RIC, to increase emotional resilience, self-esteem and confidence, to improve social skills and relationships, to support educational adjustment and achievement)
- Community mobilization leading to enhanced social resilience
- Create and promote new initiatives that support the psychosocial wellbeing of child and young refugees.
- Experience in voluntary work (formal or informal through community networks)
- Experience working within the field of mental health and social work is highly valued.
Required Professional skills
- “Lived experience” – Persons who have gone through displacement, integration and relevant bureaucratic procedures (themselves or people in their direct social environment)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Motivation and potential to learn and follow intensive trainings
- Fluency in Somali
- Very good knowledge of English
- Good command of Greek is considered as a great asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is considered as an asset
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 24/01/2022, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY CPW – Samos”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation/gender identity, marital status or disability. Persons from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from migrant and refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.