Job Vacancy: Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer
Status: From 01/01/2022
Location: Urban Area of Attica
Submit until: 19/12/2021
EPAPSY, in collaboration with UNHCR, implements the Community Psychosocial Workforce (CPW) program, with the aim to facilitate the provision of psychosocial support services to refugees and asylum seekers by refugees and asylum seekers. In the CPW program, refugees / asylum seekers are trained to take on paraprofessional roles as Community Psychosocial Workers within the refugee communities.
- Provides financial reporting and project accounting
- Collects and analyses financial information for inclusion in management reports, financial statements, and reports to UNHCR
- Responds to requests for assistance from managers and staff
- Exchanges and/or provides information to banks, other financial institutions, and partners and provides information/clarification to auditors.
- Collaborates with the accounting department of EPAPSY
- Participates in financial audits
- Reviews financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes.
- Ensures all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers.
- Produces periodic financial reports and other financial documents for the management of program in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to UNHCR as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepares invoice to the projects for services and cost share.
- Ensures account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Identifies and resolves invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Prepares and coordinates financial audit.
- Ensures timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets.
- Reviews and implements financial policies
Required qualifications and skills:
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- MSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is valued
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
Required Professional skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Fluent in Greek and English (both oral and written)
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow through on tasks
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative, open to learning
- Able to work within systems and procedures, work effectively in a small team environment involving the sharing of information and at times sharing workloads
- Able to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources
- Willing to demonstrate, apply and share expert technical knowledge across the team
- Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines
Interested candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 19/12/2021, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY Finance Officer”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from Migrant and Refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.