Job Advert for EPAPSY: URGENT: Community Psychosocial Worker (Farsi Speaker)
Submit until: 30/09/2021
Number of places: 1
Status: For a fixed period – until 31/12/2021
EPAPSY in collaboration with UNHCR is going to implement a project on the island of Samos that focuses on the provision of Community Psychosocial Support integrated services to child and young refugees. The main objective of the project is the recruitment, training and empowerment of young refugees in order to provide themselves as facilitators, peer mentoring services into their community.
- Assessment of problems and identification of needs
- Community outreach activities
- Mental health promotion and prevention of mental illness
- Psychosocial support (individual and group sessions to empower children/young people living in the RIC, to increase emotional resilience, self-esteem and confidence, to improve social skills and relationships, to support educational adjustment and achievement )
- Community mobilization leading to enhanced social resilience
- Create and promote new initiatives that support the psychosocial wellbeing of child and young refugees.
Required qualifications and skills
- Adults (23 – 30 years old)
- Recognized refugee or subsidiary protection status
- Experience in voluntary work (formal or informal through community networks)
- Working experience within the field of mental health and social work is highly valued.
c) Required professional skills
- Motivation and potential to learn
- “Lived experience” – Persons who have experienced (themselves or in people in their direct social environment) with psychosocial problems, understanding child and youth problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments.
- Crisis management skills would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- Fluency in Farsi is necessary.
- Excellent English and basic knowledge (or in the process to learn) Greek is a plus.
e) Computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word and Excel) is considered as an asset.
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 30, 2021, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY CPW – Samos – Farsi speaker”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation/gender identity, marital status or disability. Persons from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from migrant and refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.