Job Vacancy: Project Officer
Job Title: Project Officer
Status: Full time for a fixed period (until 31/12/2021)
Submit until: 27/08/2021
Starting Date: ASAP
EPAPSY in collaboration with UNHCR is implementing a project in the urban area of Attica that focuses on the provision of Community Psychosocial Support integrated services to refugees/asylum seekers. The objective of the project is to develop competency-based skills of refugees enabling them to take on paraprofessional roles of Community Psychosocial Workers within the refugee communities.
Project Officer Job Description
The Project Officer is responsible for providing programmatic support and admin duties. She/He serves as a point of contact and link between employees, EPAPSY’s internal departments, and external parties. She/He provides support to Project Manager, handles clerical and administrative duties, analyzes, and improves office processes, ensuring that organizational policies are in place and the smooth operation of the project including procurement and hiring. She/He is also responsible for collecting the necessary information, data and documents (to facilitate the preparation of financial and narrative reports) as requested by the Project Manager and the partner organization while also drafting communication with the partner organization and other external stakeholders. The role reports to the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists and participates in project’s processes such as recruitment, briefings, and reporting.
- Collects necessary programmatic information, drafts relevant reports as requested and properly files relevant documents.
- Contribute to reporting, including preparing monthly operational reports
- Supporting with the day to day running of the programme
- Assisting with planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of the programme
- Collaborates with all EPAPSY’s Departments regarding payments, purchase requests, logistics, etc.
- Identifying emerging issues and trends in order to improve the implementation of the program and respond to changing needs
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the Project Manager.
Required qualifications and skills
Required professional skills
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of establishing good working relationships with a variety of people of different nationalities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to a changing emergency-response environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment and to cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage efficiently multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks
- Good time-management skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Capable of being proactive and working independently
- Passionate about supporting the rights of refugees and migrants
- Culturally sensitive
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g. management, social sciences, humanities)
- At least two year’s experience of project management, preferably with experience of working for an international organisation or NGO.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Experience of working in a humanitarian/emergency context is highly valued.
- Experience working within the field of mental health and social work is highly valued.
- Fluency in Greek
- Excellent verbal and written English skills (C2 or C1)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work with database applications (desirable)
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: email@example.com by Friday, August 27, 2021, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY Project Officer”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from Migrant and Refugee communities.
Please note that due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.