2/06/2020 Job vacancy - Psychologist
Job Title: Psychologist
Status: Part Time, for a fixed period (by the end of July)
Submit until: 07/06/2020
EPAPSY in collaboration with UNHCR is running a project in Thessaloniki that focuses on the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) integrated services to refugees/asylum seekers in the accommodation scheme as part of the ESTIA programme, as well as capacity building to strengthening the role of health operators and Mental Health professionals in the delivery of MHPSS at urban area level.
- To perform Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) assessment for children and adolescents as well as their family members.
- To conduct functionality, intellectual capacity and mental health evaluation and assessment for children and adolescents.
- To provide short-term and long term mental health care to children and adolescents.
- Assessment of needs, capacities and risks for each service user in cooperation with the other professionals of the multidisciplinary team.
- Using and completing evaluation forms, and if necessary, completing other forms that may be required.
- Cooperating with the service user and the important others involved in order to form a care plan with, achievable, realistic goals and reviewing it at regular intervals
- Responsibility for implementing and following up the care plan
- Visiting the beneficiaries at home or in community space or in hospitals if needed in the region of Thessaloniki
- Provide mental health care using digital technology in certain cases as well as initial assessment.
- Communicating with other professionals and institutions involved in the care of the patient, always with the consent of the patient and/or his/her family.
- Participation in clinical supervision
- Participation in educational/training programs and seminars in the context of the partnership with the UNHCR
- Ethics, Confidentiality, Privacy: Respects the ethics regarding protection of personal data, confidentiality and medical secrecy.
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree in Psychology with professional license
- Graduate of psychotherapy training focused on children, adolescents and families
- A Master is a plus.
- At least 5 years previous professional experience with children and adolescents and their families.
- Extensive knowledge of psychopathology, psychological measurement, assessment methods and skill to integrate information with complex history, situational context and developmental information.
- Experience working within the field of community based Mental Health is highly valued.
Required professional skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Good knowledge of Greek legislation with regard to MHPSS care for adults and children and local and national referral pathways
- Knowledge of international humanitarian response and development work would be an asset.
- Excellent English and Greek communication skills (both oral and written)
- Fluency in Arabic/Farsi/Sorani is a plus.
- Good IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet) and ability to maintain computer-based records
- Fulfilled Military Obligations (male candidates)
- Valid driving license
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: email@example.com by Sunday 07/06.2020, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY Psychologist Thessaloniki”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from Migrant and Refugee communities.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.