04/09/2018 Job Advert for EPAPSY: Interpreter for Arabic (submit until 14/09/2018)
Seeking Interpreter for Arabic
Submit until: 14/9/2018
Job Title: EPAPSY Interpreter
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
The job holder will have regular contact with children
The position refers to the provision of interpretation/translating services to mental health professionals (psychologists and psychiatrists). Key tasks are:
- Simultaneous or consecutive oral interpretation so as to ensure accurate, friendly, respectable, objective and fluent communication.
- Ensuring medical and therapeutic confidentiality.
- Ensuring neutrality and accuracy in interpretation.
- Briefing of mental health professionals on important cultural aspects and differences.
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in Arabic
- Previous Experience in Relevant Position
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation)
- Cross-Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in Greek or English
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an intro Text (motivation) in English: email@example.com by Friday, September 14, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “EPAPSY Interpreter”.
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, EPAPSY reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.