Job Title: Social Worker
Status: Part Time, for a fixed period (by the end of April) with possibility of extension until the end of 2020
Submit until: 20/01/2020
EPAPSY in collaboration with UNHCR is going to implement a project in Thessaloniki that focuses on the provision of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) integrated services to refugees/asylum seekers in the accommodation scheme as part of the ESTIA programme, as well as capacity building to strengthening the role of health operators and Mental Health professionals in the delivery of MHPSS at urban area level.
- To perform MHPSS needs assessments about the target population.
- To identify and liaise the PoCs with the NHS and to ensure that an effective referral system is made available for them.
- To design and implement the relevant response strategies and interventions to strengthen MHPSS service delivery in collaboration with the PoC and taking into account his/her needs and experiences.
- To establish and maintain positive and efficient relations with target population, community members and all the other actors.
- Help identify service gaps and the need for training, staff care needs and other types of support for Tdh staff and external service providers.
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree in Social Worker with professional license
- A Master is a plus.
- At least 2-3 years previous professional experience
- Experience working within the field of community based Mental Health is highly valued.
Required professional skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Good knowledge of Greek legislation with regard to MHPSS care for adults and children and local and national referral pathways
- Knowledge of international humanitarian response and development work would be an asset.
- Excellent English and Greek communication skills (both oral and written)
- Fluency in Arabic/Farsi/Sorani is a plus.
- Good IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet) and ability to maintain computer-based records
- Fulfilled Military Obligations (male candidates)
- Valid driving license
EPAPSY is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We also strongly encourage applicants from Migrant and Refugee communities.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.